Isomeric Pharmacy Solutions new state-of-the-art FDA-registered 503b Outsourcing Facility—Filling your drug shortage needs.
There have been increasingly frequent drug shortages in the U.S., causing numerous difficulties for clinicians, health care facilities and patients. Although certain types of drugs are more vulnerable to shortages than others, shortages of a variety of drugs have been reported—including heart drugs, pain medications, intravenous (IV) electrolytes, and many others.
The Institute for Safe Medication Practices (ISMP) conducted a national survey of 1,800 health care practitioners to assess the impact of drug shortages. The ISMP found that:
- 84% of the respondents said they had never received advance warning of a shortage from manufacturers or the FDA..
- 80% said they faced difficulty obtaining comparable drugs.
- 78% said there were significant costs to obtaining comparable drugs.
- 70% said they had been unable to find comparable alternatives.
- 64% believed that shortages posed a risk of adverse patient outcomes.
- respondents reported more than 1,000 adverse events and near-misses attributable to drug shortages.
Isomeric Pharmacy Solutions primary focus is patient safety and regulatory compliance — as an FDA-registered, 503b/cGMP facility, we adhere to stringent manufacturing controls, increased oversight and a commitment to the sterility, purity and integrity of our products.